FDA Cleared Thermographic Breast Screening
Over 800 peer-reviewed studies involving more than 300,000 women have shown thermology as increasing the possibility of early detection.
Early Detection Saves Lives
Why Choose FirstSense Medical™?
We are the industry leaders in breast thermal imaging interpretation, with over 47 years experience and 1 million scans read.
Our breast health thermology scan ensures a painless experience and absolutely no compression of your breasts
With all the concerns about radiation, you will feel safe knowing that our screening process is completely radiation free
Peace of Mind
By allowing you to proactively take charge of your breast care health through thermology, we’ve taken the stress and anxiety out of the traditional breast screening process
Easy to schedule appointments via phone or email. Our thermology screening takes less than 5 minutes. The entire appointment takes less than 30 minutes
Over 800 peer reviewed studies of over 300,000 women show Thermology helps improve chances of early breast cancer detection
- FirstSense Medical™ (FSM) is dedicated to saving lives by improving breast screening rates through our FDA-cleared, compression free, pain free, radiation free, state of the art breast thermology scans.
- We own and operate the largest and most accredited thermology reference lab in the world, led by Dr. Phil Hoekstra, PhD, DABT, our Chief Science Officer and founder of our Therma-Scan Lab
- Experienced FirstSense Medical™ technicians utilize automated, proprietary, FDA cleared medical devices to detect heat patterns and blood flow associated with breast cancer with a scan that takes less than 5 minutes to complete
- Our screenings may be more comfortable for women who have
- Dense or fibrocystic breasts
- Breast reduction or reconstruction
- A lumpectomy or mastectomy
- Or are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Our goal is to ensure that every woman has access to affordable, non-invasive risk assessment
What to Expect?
- FirstSense Medical™ is dedicated to providing the most convenient and pain-free experience for breast health screening
- Once you arrive at our office, an experienced technician will guide you through a brief questionnaire and explain the screening process
- The technician will prepare the FDA cleared Sentinel BreastScan II® system and position you in the exam chair
- Once the screening begins, cool air will be blown toward your chest and our thermal camera will capture images – a process that takes under 5 minutes
- The images will be transmitted to our lab for review and analysis and in about 5 business days you and your physician will receive your results
“It’s very comfortable, very easy, and it only takes maybe 15 minutes out of your day, it’s completely worth it”
- Evelyn R.
”The people that work here are very knowledgeable about the science behind it. I think that’s important. The people are very willing to share that knowledge with the doctors”
- Mary Ellen S.
“I like that it’s easy, that it’s quick, again no radiation, it’s a healthy alternative when you’re looking to get preventative screenings”
- Christine B.
- Breast cancer cells require greater metabolic support than normal tissue
- Support is provided to cancer cells via the vascular system which results in increased blood flow to the cancer cells
- The increased blood flow to cancerous cells results in increased heat production that can be quantitatively and qualitatively measured through Thermology
- Studies have shown that an abnormal pattern in infrared images could identify a high-risk for breast cancer development in the future and that thermal imaging can detect physiological changes before anatomical changes can be detected by other modalities
FirstSense Medical™ is the leader in breast thermology, focusing on early detection of breast cancer since 1972, analyzing more than 1 million scans to date.
References for "Clinical Evidence" mentioned above:
Medicus Literature Breast thermography and cancer risk prediction.Gautherie M, Gros CM Cancer. 1980 Jan 1; 45(1):51-6
Lahiri B, Bagavathiappan S, Jayakumar T, et al. Medical applications of infrared thermography: a review. Infrared Phys Technol. 2012;55:221–235
Efficacy of computerized infrared imaging analysis to evaluate mammographically suspicious lesions.Parisky YR, Sardi A, Hamm R, Hughes
K, Esserman L, Rust S, Callahan K AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2003 Jan; 180(1):263-9
Yao X, Wei W, Li J, Wang L, Xu Z, Wan Y, Li K, Sun S. A comparison of mammography, ultrasonography, and far-infrared thermography with pathological results in screening and early diagnosis of breast cancer. Asian Biomed. 2014;8:11–19
Bretz Abstract 2015 on file at First Sense Medical